If you are planning to buy yourself a new vacuum cleaner or are planning to replace your old one and have stumbled upon Dyson’s new technology, here is a quick guide through two of their best selling vacuum cleaners. The guide focuses on two of Dyson’s cordless vacuum cleaners; V6 and V7. After looking at their specs, the comparison will help you choose which model is better for your home.
Dyson’s V6 series is considered their breakthrough in manufacturing cordless vacuum cleaners. When this version was released in the market, it had become the most powerful wireless vacuum cleaners and is still one of the best there is out there. The V6 has six different models which are essentially stick vacuums that can be converted into handheld cleaners. There are many subtle differences between them which can be a little confusing.
At the top of the range is the V6 Absolute, the most expensive of the V6 models since it consists of all the accessories that Dyson has for its vacuum cleaners. The V6 Fluffy is a soft roller cleaner and is the perfect fit for hard floor surfaces. Next, the V6 Animal is similar to the V6 Absolute but does not include the soft fluffy roller in the box. The Dyson V6 Motorhead is being considered as the budget vacuum cleaner since it is cheaper than the rest and comes with fewer accessories. The Dyson V6 is similar to the V6 Motorhead but comes with the HEPA filter. Lastly, the Dyson V6 cord-free is the lowest version in the V6 series and has no HEPA filters.
The company’s V7 vacuum cleaner came out after they launched their premium V8 vacuum cleaner. The V7 has many similarities to the V8 but is sold at a more affordable price.
The V7 is available in 4 models; Dyson V7 Absolute, V7 Animal, V7 Motorhead, V7 HEPA. These models are similar to the V6 models with the only difference being the advancements made in the V7 series cleaning technologies, making the device closer to V8 performance.
- Both the Dyson V6 and V7 are multifunctional, in that stick vacuum cleaners that can be converted into powerful handheld cleaners by removing the tube/stick which can be detached just by using a button on the vacuum cleaner.
- The Dyson V6 and V7 both take 3.5 to 5 hours to fully charge and come with a cord-less charging technology that gets docked onto the wall for charging. The docking station is a well built, low space taking a design that gives easy access to the vacuum.
- Dyson’s V6 and V7 both use a trigger system instead of a continual vacuum system. This helps to make the battery last longer. The trigger system requires the user to hold on to the trigger while vacuuming. As soon as you stop holding the trigger, the vacuum will stop.
- Both the V6 and V7 vacuum cleaners come with the “max” power mode which increases the suction power of the machine but it will compromise on the life of the battery.
- Compared to other cordless vacuum cleaners in the market, the Dyson V6 and V7 both have Dyson’s specially designed 2-Tier Radial Cyclone system which sucks the dust/dirt at a very high speed. As the suction power increases, it stays consistent throughout even when the bin starts to get full.
- Though the V7 is an upgrade from the V6 series, Dyson V6 has a stronger suction power with regards to normal cleaning modes. The V7 wins over the V6 in a better brush bar power by 75%. This makes a huge difference in the way it cleans things.
- When comparing battery life, the V7 wins by 10 more minutes added to the vacuum cleaner. The V6 runs for only 20 minutes while the V7 runs for over 30 minutes.
- The crevice tool that comes with the V7 has advancement with the quick release system. With this is also has a direct drive cleaner that the V6 does not have. The rest of the attachments also will vary slightly in the V6 and V7 series.
- The price of the Dyson V6 series and V7 series of cordless vacuum cleaners depends on the model you want to purchase. The V6 series is not “cheap” but is less expensive than the V7 cordless vacuum cleaner.
Dyson V6 vs Dyson V7 which one to buy?
If you’re planning to by either of the two, there are a few things to keep in mind while making your purchase. Here is how you can choose which one is better for you:
- Budget: If you really want to buy a cordless vacuum machine and are okay with investing a little more, then you can go for the V7 series. The V6 series is a better choice for them who are on a tight budget and don’t want to spend a lot on a vacuum cleaner.
- Features: Since both the series have different models that are available, it becomes difficult to choose which one to take. The Dyson V6 Absolute comes with all the attachments and accessories so does the V7 Absolute model. If you don’t want all the accessories, you can choose the model that fits your requirements best.
- Space: You need to consider your house as well while buying the vacuum cleaner since the V6 is better for smaller spaces. It will work on bigger spaces but will take more time compared to the V7.
As you’ve seen, both the series have a set of models they sell. You can check out the features of each model and make your choice depending on which Dyson cordless vacuum cleaner fits your needs perfectly. Both the V6 and V7 are extremely powerful wireless vacuum cleaners with features unique to each series.