Dyson’s pioneering cordless technology has profoundly changed the home vacuum market. These upright, light and cordless vacuum cleaners are compact by nature and perfect for accessing the hard to clean places. With such a cordless vacuum, your not restricted to the floors. This article will compare the Dyson V6 vs V7, explaining the key features yet subtle nuances between the similarly named upright vacuum cleaners. Both these Dyson models are top sellers and for a good reason too. Cheap, effective and compact are the three characteristics that stick out with the Dyson V6 and Dyson V7.
Also Read: Dyson V8 vs V10
Dyson V6 vs V7 Comparison Chart
|View on Amazon||Design||Model||Motor||Battery Life||Charge Time||Multiple Power Modes||One-Click Bin Emptying||Docking Station||2 Tier Radial Cyclones|
|Dyson V6||V6||20 Minutes||3.5 Hours||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Dyson V7||V7 (75% Stronger than V6))||30 Minutes||3.5 Hours||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
The Dyson V6 series is considered their breakthrough in manufacturing cordless vacuum cleaners. When this version was released in the market, it was the most powerful cordless vacuum cleaner and is still one of the best there is out there. The V6 has six different models which are essentially stick vacuums that can be converted into handheld cleaners. There are many subtle differences between them which can be a little confusing.
At the top of the range is the V6 Absolute, the most expensive of the V6 models since it consists of all the accessories that has for its vacuum cleaners. The V6 Fluffy is a soft roller cleaner and is the perfect fit for hard floor surfaces. Next, the V6 Animal is similar to the V6 Absolute but does not include the soft fluffy roller in the box. The V6 Motorhead is being considered as the budget vacuum cleaner since it is cheaper than the rest and comes with fewer accessories. The V6 HEPA is similar to the V6 Motorhead but comes with the HEPA filter. Lastly, the V6 cord-free is the lowest version in the V6 series and has no HEPA filters.
The Dyson V7 vacuum cleaner came out after they launched their premium V8 vacuum cleaner. The V7 has many similarities to the V8 but is sold at a more affordable price. The V7 is available in 4 models; the V7 Absolute, V7 Animal, V7 Motorhead and 7 HEPA. These models are similar to the V6 models with the only difference being the advancements made in the V7 series cleaning technologies, making the device closer to V8 performance.
Similarities of Dyson V6 vs V7
- Both the Dyson V6 and V7 are multifunctional, in that stick vacuum cleaners that can be converted into powerful handheld cleaners by removing the tube/stick which can be detached just by using a button on the vacuum cleaner.
- The Dyson V6 and V7 both take 3.5 to 5 hours to fully charge and come with a cord-less charging technology that gets docked onto the wall for charging. The docking station is a well built, low space taking a design that gives easy access to the vacuum.
- Dyson’s V6 and V7 both use a trigger system instead of a continual vacuum system. This helps to make the battery life last longer. The trigger system requires the user to hold on to the trigger while vacuuming. As soon as you stop holding the trigger, the vacuum will stop.
- Both the Dyson V6 and V7 vacuum cleaners come with the “max” power mode which increases the suction power of the machine but it will compromise on the battery life.
- Compared to other cordless vacuum cleaners in the market, the Dyson V6 and V7 both have Dyson’s specially designed 2-Tier Radial Cyclone system which sucks the dust/dirt at a very high speed. As the suction power increases, it stays consistent throughout even when the bin starts to get full.
Differences of Dyson V6 vs V7
- Though the Dyson V7 is an upgrade from the V6 series, the Dyson V6 has a stronger suction power with regards to normal cleaning modes. The Dyson V7 wins over the Dyson V6 in a better brush bar power by 75%. This makes a huge difference in the way it cleans things.
- When comparing battery life, the Dyson V7 wins by 10 more minutes added to the vacuum cleaner. The Dyson V6 runs for only 20 minutes while the Dyson V7 runs for over 30 minutes.
- The crevice tool that comes with the Dyson V7 has advancement with the quick release system. With this is also has a direct drive cleaner that the V6 does not have. The rest of the attachments also will vary slightly in the Dyson V6 and V7 series.
- The price of the Dyson V6 vs V7 series of cordless vacuum cleaners depends on the model you want to purchase. The V6 series is not “cheap” but is less expensive than the Dyson V7 cordless vacuum cleaner.
Which cordless vacuum should you buy?
If you’re planning to buy either of the two, there are a few things to keep in mind while making your purchase. Here is how you can choose between the Dyson V6 vs V7:
- Budget: If you really want to buy a cordless vacuum machine and are okay with investing a little more, then you can go for the Dyson V7 series. The Dyson V6 series is a better choice for them who are on a tight budget and don’t want to spend a lot on a vacuum cleaner.
- Features: Since both the series have different models that are available, it becomes difficult to choose which one to take. The Dyson V6 Absolute comes with all the attachments and accessories so does the Dyson V7 Absolute model. If you don’t want all the accessories, you can choose the model that fits your requirements best.
- Space: You need to consider your house as well while buying the vacuum cleaner since the Dyson V6 is better for smaller spaces. It will work on bigger spaces but will take more time compared to the Dyson V7.
Final Word: Dyson V6 & V7
As this Dyson V6 vs Dyson V7 comparison, both the series have a set of models that sell, such as the Animal or Motorhead. You can check out the features of each model and make your choice depending on which Dyson cordless vacuum cleaner fits your needs perfectly. Both the Dyson V6 and Dyson V7 are extremely powerful cordless vacuum cleaners with features unique to each series. If you’re looking for a more effortless clean you could consider looking at our robot vacuum articles.